Saturday 17 March 2012

Week 12: Hawaii

"Dreams come true in blue Hawaii
 And mine could all come true
 This magic night of nights with you..."
 - 'Blue Hawaii',
 Elvis Presley

Aloha!

Let's get away from the stupor of the Old South and instead search out the fresh breezes of the newest of America's fifty states: Hawaii. And as they say in Hawaii: "Hele wawai o ka malamalama, ka malamalama, o ka malamalama, hele wawai o ka malamalama, ka malamalama o ke Akua". Wise words which I am sure will inspire us on the next segment of our film odyssey!

(No, seriously, we're going to struggle with Hawaiian. Their state fish is the Humuhumunukunukuapua'a for heaven's sake!)

When I think of Hawaii I think of endless white sand beaches, bubbling volcanoes, hula girls at the luau, fragrant frangipan flowers and surfers doing their thing to the theme tune of Hawaii 5-0. So I'm going to shrug on my busiest Hawaiian shirt, groom my moustache, jump in the Ferrari and pretend I'm Magnum P.I. as I hunt down three top notch Hawaiian cinematic offerings for you:

  • Pearl Harbor (2001)
  • Blue Hawaii (1961)
  • 50 First Dates (2004)
Aww, c'mon!



No comments:

Post a Comment